Going into autumn, local business openings abound
Tuesday, October 31, 2017 4:33 pm
Retailers, restaurants and service businesses are changing the commercial landscape in Bluffton and Hilton Head.
Here's the latest in new construction, renovations, relocations, planned projects, commercial transactions, grand openings and closings.
- The Apartments at Shelter Cove Towne Centre are now leasing their luxury waterfront rentals. The pet-friendly complex includes two mid-rise buildings on Broad Creek, with private parking garage.
The two- and three-bedroom apartments feature top of the line design, features and appliances. For more information, visit www.sheltercovetownecentre. com/live. Call 843-415-7760 or visit the leasing office at 32 Shelter Cove Lane to make an appointment to view the apartments.
- Blue Heron Pub and Grille, 30 Governors Road, Sea Pines Country Club, Hilton Head. This full-service private country club unveiled its newly renovated 6,250-square-foot casual dining restaurant about two weeks ago as part of its $2.7 million upgrade of the clubhouse. The redesign, replete with modern touches and relaxing amenities, features dramatic tidal marsh views. It also distinguishes itself as the only private golf course, originally designed by Arnold Palmer, in Sea Pines.
- Local Life magazine, 800 Main St., Suite 200, Hilton Head. The Coastal Discovery Museum was the setting for the Oct. 12 launch of this new upscale magazine that captures the spirit and lifestyle of the Lowcountry. People, places, fashion and food, culture and homes headline its content, which is complemented by dynamic creative design. Publisher Lori Goodridge-Cribb hosted the festivities.
- Van Heusen IZOD Golf Company opened a new store location Oct. 26 at Tanger Outlets. An icon of classic American style, IZOD brings a fresh and modern approach to the golf course, in both men's and women's styles.
Van Heusen, founded in 1881, remains a top American dress shirt brand and also offers high-quality men's and women's sportswear and accessories. The company operates 165 stores in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico.
- Dollar General, 5 Pritchard Farms, Bluffton. This franchise plans to open a new retail store in a newly constructed building in early 2018.
Recent grand openings, ribbon cuttings, closings:
- Sea Turtle Marketplace, U.S. 278, Hilton Head. West Marine, a water outfitter, and PetSmart have opened at the former Pineland Station.
- Alljoy Donut Company, 22 Thomas Heyward St., Bluffton. When it opens on Nov. 7, donuts will be joined on the menu with sandwiches, coffee, espressos and pastries.
- Sears Hometown Store, 1555 Fording Island Road, Bluffton, Oct. 20. Marc and Maressa Dittle celebrated their ownership and opening of this well-known franchise appliance store. Kenmore, Samsung, LG, Whirlpool and GE are among the brand-name offerings.
- Dr. Laura Knobel, 10 Oak Forest Road, Suite C, Bluffton, Oct. 25. This family medicine physician is affiliated with St. Joseph's Candler Medical Group.
- Lettrs Gifts, 8 State of Mind St., Bluffton, Oct. 18. This boutique store provides embroidery, unique gifts, stationary, cards and invitations, and baby gifts for special occasions.
- Spartina 449, 28 Shelter Cove Lane, Shelter Cove Towne Centre, Hilton Head, Oct. 18. This Hilton-Head based women's handbag, jewelry and accessories company has expanded from its flagship shop in Bluffton.
Their quality linen and leather products are created to reflect the color and beauty of Daufuskie Island and the Lowcountry.
- Drab 2 Fab, 59 Sheridan Park Circle, Suite D, Bluffton, Oct. 27. Trinkets, artwork, furniture, jewelry and more are offered by more than 30 vendors under one roof.
- Old Town Bike Barn and Adventures, 28 Dr. Mellichamp Drive, Old Town Bluffton, Oct. 11. Veteran retail owner Jim Buser now offers bike rentals and bike repairs in the Promenade, and leads local river excursions and tours.
- Olde Towne Golf Cars, 200 Bluffton Road, Oct. 6. Three D Golf Cars is a locally owned and operated business that opened its second location here in the Lowcountry. The company sells Tomberlin golf carts and services all brands.
Have Bluffton or Hilton Head business news (new construction, relocations, expansions, openings, ownership changes, etc.) to share? Send information to Dean Rowland at email@example.com.
Dean Rowland is a veteran senior editor and freelance writer.