Luxury apartments, marina repairs and new restaurants
Tuesday, August 1, 2017 4:05 pm
The commercial landscape in Bluffton and Hilton Head continues to change and grow. Here's the latest news.
- WaterWalk, Shelter Cove Towne Centre, Hwy 278, Hilton Head Island. Southeastern Development will begin leasing new luxury residences at its two high-end, mid-size buildings on the southern shore of Broad Creek at the end of this month.
New residents will enjoy resort-style amenities and lifestyle in one-, two- and three-bedroom floor plans ranging from 1,054 to 2,121 square feet. Private parking, concierge services, swimming pools and wellness centers are included. Rental costs were not disclosed.
Apartment homes in the pet-friendly facility are equipped with stainless steel appliances, quartz countertops, 10-foot ceilings, terraces and grand entrances.
Tenants are expected to begin moving in this November.
- Palmetto Bay Marina, 86 Helms-man Way, Hilton Head. New dock installation is expected to begin soon at the island's oldest marina along Broad Creek after it was destroyed, and many boats moored on-site sustained extensive damage, during Hurricane Matthew and its aftermath. The Pelorus Group in Utah owns the property.
- Buffalo Wild Wings, Kittie's Crossing, Bluffton. Site work has begun on a second sports bar in Beaufort County of this national chain based in Minneapolis. Jaz Development is constructing a 5,456-square-foot eatery with outdoor seating.
- Wayback Burgers, Bluffton Gateway Shopping Center, corner of Hwy. 278 and Bluffton Road. This Connecticut-based international company recently opened its third franchise in Beaufort County late last month. Burgers, salads, side dishes, sandwiches and milkshakes highlight the menu.
- Sea Turtle Marketplace, U.S. 278 at Mathews Drive, Hilton Head. Three additional storefronts will be moving into the former Pineland Station shopping center that is being redeveloped by Virginia-based Wheeler Real Estate Co.: Jersey Mike's Subs, Nail Talk & Polish Spa, and Casale Wood-Fired Ristorante. Construction continues at the 117,637-square-foot marketplace.
- Giuseppi's Pizza & Pasta, Plaza at Shelter Cove, Hilton Head. The original SERG group eatery in the Lowcountry recently added a private dining room that seats 50 patrons, and expanded its patio seating by 75 spots.
Grand openings, ribbon cuttings:
- Kindred at Home, 2 Westbury Park Way, Bluffton, July 11. The new branch office of this international company provides home health and hospice services.
- Sweet Frog, 33 Office Park Road, Hilton Head, July 21. This national frozen yogurt enterprise reopened with new owners after closing last October.
- Decorating Den Interiors, 277 Hampton Lake Drive, Bluffton, July 29. Saudah Mohammed has been selected to open a franchise of North America's largest furnishings and design company.
- Tio's Latin American Kitchen, 87 Main St., Hilton Head, July 31. Cuban, Mexican, and Central and South American cuisine are featured.
If you have Bluffton or Hilton Head business news (new construction, relocations, expansions, openings, ownership changes, etc.) to share, send information to Dean Rowland at email@example.com.