Some agents more successful at selling real estate
I have heard it said that 20 percent of the agents do 80 percent of the business, and I believe that those statistics are pretty accurate. I also think that it would be fair to say that those in the 20 percent category are more successful than the other 80 percent.
Maybe they work harder, smarter or both. Perhaps they utilize additional resources more effectively. Whatever they do, they are successful, and their success is truly your success.
Successful real estate agents are like expert jugglers. They make sure that all parts of the real estate transaction are always in motion and moving forward, to ensure a trouble-free closing and a great real estate experience for their clients.
Here are some of their important attributes and what they do:
Knowledge is king. Being and staying up-to-date on the latest real estate topics and tools will ensure that real estate agents have the real estate competitive advantage.
Contacts and connections. Having and using a wealth of contacts in the market area that they serve helps agents take advantage of all selling and buying opportunities.
Understanding of the local market. A successful real estate agent has expert knowledge of the local housing market, specific communities, and knows how much homes will sell for and how to price them right.
Detail oriented. Paying careful attention to all details of the real estate transaction allows agents to satisfy client expectations, prevent problems, and effect timely, accurate and trouble-free closings.
Energetic and persistent. Top-producing agents have a great work ethic. They have the tenacity to pursue every lead and they ensure that properties are aggressively marketed 24/7. They work smart to get and close the deal.
Honest and trustworthy. Their professional reputation is flawless, they practice high ethical standards, and as a client advocate, their clients' needs are their number one priority.
Entrepreneurial by nature. They are self-motivated and take the lead in working with their clients to do the best job possible and get from "For Sale" to "Just Sold."
Problem solvers. Successful agents know how to properly showcase properties to appeal to the right buyers.
Larry Stoller is a real estate consultant who loves living in Bluffton and helping real estate agents and sellers get homes sold.