We are standing on the edge of an industrial revolution, in which nanotechnology and robotics will revolutionize the real estate industry. Get ready to buy and sell real estate like you never did before.
While robots might lack (or have better) social skills, here's how and why they will be helpful in selling homes:
• They are super smart. Real estate robots will be programmed to have an IQ of 150. Even though it will be artificial intelligence, this intellect will have more smarts than the real intelligence that most humans have.
• They are there for you 24/7. These robots are always ready to take care of your real estate needs. They never get tired, they don't go on vacation, and they are always available in the evenings and on weekends.
• They can optimally price your home. With their advanced analytical capability, in minutes, they can analyze all comparable properties, current tax values, cost per square feet, appreciation, depreciation, and even factor in price adjustments for location and improvements, to arrive at the best selling price for your home.
• They can provide an effective marketing plan to sell your home. In addition to stating exactly what they will do to sell your home, they will also provide you with a marketing timeline and update on tasks completed.
• They have all the local housing for sale information. When buying, if you can verbalize the features of your dream home (and price range), they can provide you with a list of homes that meet your exact criteria.
• They can show you the above homes while you are sipping your hot chocolate or coffee. Just slip on a pair of HGs (hologram glasses) and tour the top home contenders. See the outside, inside, all the rooms, and all special features of these homes in any way you like. It's almost better than being there and it sure takes less time.
• They are trustworthy and have your best needs at heart. They are programmed to make your objectives and goals their No. 1 priority, and even though they don't have a heart as we know it, they are always representing your best interests.
Larry Stoller is the broker-owner and Realtor with Real Estate Five of the Lowcountry. Larry@RealEstateFive.com or RealEstate-Five.com