But prospective home buyers searching for their dream home might not know about all those added value features.
However, if buyers can see and appreciate all that added value, your home is bound to sell faster and for a higher price.
So how do you effectively market all the very special features of your home? YOU DON’T! That is the job of your real estate agent.
Here’s what savvy and successful real estate agents do to enhance marketing when listing and selling homes:
• Utilize professional photography, both stills and aerials, to showcase all home features
• Accentuate and showcase locations that have water and/or wooded views
• Use compelling text in the multiple listing service property descriptions
• Incorporate value-adding documents into the multiple listing with public view access
• Use print media to advertise the home and all its features (i.e., newspapers, house flyers, etc.)
• Supplement print media with robust results-getting online marketing and advertising
For example, if your home for sale is on the lake and it has a beautiful long lake view, use aerial photos to showcase that lakefront home and location.
The same would apply if your home sits on a premium private homesite with a wooded and park-like view. Use inside and outside photos to show those walls of windows to nature.
If your home has a new or newer HVAC system, a variable speed upgrade or an electronic air filter, make sure prospective buyers know that.
Also, let home buyers know if any remodeling was recently completed (i.e., new flooring, new kitchen, new appliances, new bathroom, new paint, etc). Prospective home buyers love to know about updates.
There’s much more that real estate agents can do to maximize marketing. Agents can add an exclusive property website that promotes your home 24/7 and syndicates your listing to 200-plus online real estate directories.
Agents can also “tweak Zillow” to increase home exposure, both views and saves.
Have you ever heard of a Selling Book? It tells the story of your home using words and photos.
Want to know more? Email me at email@example.com.
Larry Stoller is a broker and Realtor with Real Estate Five of the Lowcountry. Larry@RealEstateFive.com, RealEstateFive.com, SunCityOpenHouses247.com