- Lowcountry Ostomy Group will meet at 10:30 a.m. to noon Oct. 9 at the Bluffton Medical Campus meeting room, 75 Baylor Drive, Bluffton.
Guest speaker will be Mike Vezeau, certified trainer for United Ostomy Association of America. Current and potential ostomates, caregivers, family and friends are welcome.
For more information, call Ken Hiatt at 843-247-6445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lowcountry Therapy Center is collaborating with the Bluffton Cinemark movie theater to create a sensory-friendly movie screening of “Hotel Transylvania 2” at 10 a.m. on Oct. 10.
This screening offers lights that are dimmed, sound that is turned down, and the freedom for children to move around the theater. This event is ideal for children that have hypersensitivities to the dark, loud sounds, and-or difficulty sitting still.
It provides an environment accepting of children with special needs, and a place where the children, their families and friends can enjoy time together.
Tickets can be purchased at LTC’s new location, 254 Red Cedar St., across from Red Cedar Elementary School. Tickets, $10 per person, cash or check only, include a ticket voucher, drink and snacks. For more information, call 843-815-6999.
- The Blood Alliance is urgently seeking O Negative donors to donate blood at its Beaufort Donor Center, 1001 Boundary St., Suite A, Beaufort. The supply of O Negative blood has reached extremely low levels due to high usage in area hospitals.
O Negative blood is the universal blood type, which means any patient can receive O Negative blood regardless of the recipient’s blood type.
The Blood Alliance is the sole provider of blood to all Beaufort County hospitals.
To make an appointment to donate visit www.igiveblood.com, use our free smartphone app at “iDon8” or call 843-522-0409.
- Hilton Head Hospital will offer free balance screenings and fall risk assessments for those over 55 or any adult who has a fear of falling from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Oct. 8 at the Bluffton Medical Campus, 75 Baylor Drive, Suite 205-A.
Registration is required; to schedule an appointment, call 1-877-582-2737.
- LUX: A Medical Spa and Weniger Plastic Surgery will host two free seminars in October.
Total Rejuvenation, from 5:30 to 7 p.m. on Oct. 22, will feature Dr. Frederick G. Weniger speaking on the latest advances in cosmetic procedures. There will be light refreshments and gifts for all who attend. Reservations are required and can be made by calling 843-757-0123.
A free seminar explaining CoolSculpting technology, which uses controlled cooling to freeze and eliminate fat cells without surgery or downtime, will be held at 5:30 p.m. on Oct. 28. To reserve, call 843-757-3223.
LUX: A Medical Spa and Weniger Plastic Surgery are located at 350 Fording Island Rd. (Hwy. 278) in Bluffton.
- Just Be Centre, 159 State St. in Bluffton Village, Bluffton, will host a day of hands-on work, history of Reiki and personal attunement from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 18 with Reiki Master Lin Drechsler.
An Aromatherapy Blending Hour, also with Drechsler, from 10 to 11 a.m. on Oct. 24 will teach aromatherapy basics and offer guests a blend to take home. Pre-registration is required, and cost is $45, which includes all materials.
To register call Drechsler at 941-735 8373.