In today’s wild world of real estate sales, smart-working and hard-working listing agents use brick and mortar, online and outside-the-box marketing methods to get listings sold.
Here’s a list of things they do:
- Research all comparable properties to establish market value and listing price
- Encourage and empower agents and buyers to view their property listings
- Coordinate showings with owners, tenants and other agents
- Return all calls promptly (weekends included)
- Install electronic lock box to facilitate and track showings
- Prepare mailing lists of contacts and prospects; use target marketing
- Send postcards and emails to all contacts and prospects
- Review comparable listings regularly to ensure that price is competitive
- Distribute property flyers to all area real estate companies-agents
- Send just-listed email property blasts to all local area agents
- Utilize professional property photos and elevated photos if appropriate
- Publish an exclusive property website to promote that specific property 24-7
- Employ home staging to make the property more attractive to prospective buyers
- Upload listing photos and descriptions to company and personal real estate website
- Promote property listing, photos and descriptions on top real estate Internet sites
- Provide property marketing data to out-of-state and international real estate agents
- Provide property marketing data to buyers coming from referral networks
- Provide property marketing to buyers coming through relocation networks
- Submit ads to print media-newspapers to reach local buyer prospects
- Promptly enter price changes and new information in the MLS database
- Convey price changes and-or incentives to all local agents and Internet groups
- Reprint and supply house brochures promptly as needed
- Share feedback received from buyers’ agent after showings
- Discuss feedback with seller to determine if changes will accelerate the sale
- Review weekly market initiatives with sellers and modify accordingly
- Use social media and the Internet to promote property photos, highlights and details
- Network with vast numbers of colleagues and associates to promote the listing
- Hold broker-agent, neighborhood-private, and area-public open houses
In determining list price, top agents utilize their knowledge of the market. They price properties to sell fast and for the highest possible price.
To impress and wow prospective buyers, top agents utilize attractive house flyers.
Some agents even prepare a “Selling Book,” highlighting property details and special features.
Larry Stoller is a real estate consultant and advertising executive who loves living in Bluffton and helping real estate agents and sellers get homes sold.