If you are thinking about selling your home, the size of the real estate company does not matter. But choosing the right agent does. Real estate agents are independent contractors and each agent is responsible for how they market the homes that they list and sell.
There are great agents at large and small brokerages. These agents specialize in outstanding service and proven results. They are local market experts who provide enhanced marketing designed to sell your home faster and for a higher price.
When your home is listed for sale (regardless of the size of the real estate company) a Multiple Listing Service (MLS) property listing is created. It includes a brief home description, home details and photos. If in a “delay” status, it is available for local area agents to view.
When it is made active, it will appear on Zillow and other major online real estate directories for the whole world to see (regardless of who lists it). When home buyers are sitting at their computers searching for their dream home, you hope it will be your home that they fall in love with.
Before your home is in active status, outstanding innovative agents do their marketing magic to showcase your home listing so that it “Wow”s online and really stands out from the competition. This takes more time and effort on behalf of your agent, but sellers should not settle for anything less.
Here is where the right agent matters, not the size of the real estate company!
Hard-working, smart-working agents offer enhanced services and marketing that include:
• Professional photography for all property photos
• Both still and aerial photos and video to showcase the home
• Compelling captions on every photo to highlight special features
• Additional MLS document that describes all upgrades and updates
• Specific MLS documentation that shows the real value of the home
• Exclusive and attractive property websites that promote the home 24/7
• Single property websites that syndicate the home listing to 200-plus directories
• A home warranty that cover all appliances and mechanicals for one full year after purchase
• Provide a virtual property panorama so that prospective buyers can view your home from the comfort of their home and see and appreciate all that your home has to offer.
Larry Stoller is a broker and Realtor with Real Estate Five of the Lowcountry. Larry@RealEstateFive.com, RealEstateFive.com, Sun CityOpenHouses247.com