The Southern Lowcountry South Carolina Association of Volunteer Administrators (SoLoSCAVA) has announced the following individuals and organizations as recipients of its annual volunteer awards:
• Direct Service Volunteer: Jack Rabbit and Marsha Murphy with Family Promise of Beaufort County
• Direct Service Volunteer Runner-up: Margie Tomczak with Second Helpings Fill the Need Program
• Volunteer Group: Pledge the Pink Organization founder: Laura Morgan
• Special volunteer category: Hos-Pets, Hospice Care of the Lowcountry
• Workplace/Agency: SC Lowcountry SCORE
• Legacy Volunteer: Bonnie Haroff, RN, marking 27 years with Volunteers In Medicine Hilton Head Island
• Volunteer Administrator: Dottie Byers, assistant director of Volunteers, Volunteers In Medicine Hilton Head Island
• Volunteer Administrator Runner-up: Lynda Kaplan with Arts Center of Coastal Carolina (former position)
The awards were presented at SoLoSCAVA’s holiday mixer Dec. 5.
SoLo SCAVA is an affiliate of South Carolina Association for Volunteer Administration (SCAVA) a non-profit organization that provides opportunities and professional development to individuals and organizations with an interest in the field of volunteerism. Membership is extended to individuals in the public and private sectors who wish to learn more about volunteerism, develop new skills, or shape the future of volunteerism in South Carolina.
For more information about SoLoSCAVA, contact Stan Stolarcyk at firstname.lastname@example.org.